Run 48 miles during any consecutive 48 hours to raise awareness for Brain Aneurysm in the month of September.
Let’s Talk More About Brain Aneurysm
September is National Brain Aneurysm Awareness Month and WeRunWithYou challenges you to support our mission by completing 48 in 48. Run 48 miles during any consecutive 48 hours during the month of September. Make your miles count by getting sponsors to support each mile you complete towards your 48. Your contribution will help support our efforts to improve public knowledge, acute and chronic care as well as post-recovery support for patients suffering from cerebrovascular disease.
**If 48 miles may be out of reach for you, this is an opportunity for you to challenge yourself. Whether it’s 40, 20, 10, or 5 miles, your goal is never too small! Set up a plan, believe in yourself, and GO FOR IT.**
How lucky am I to celebrate two birthdays in one year? Two? Yup!✌🏼
On September 7th, I will be celebrating 🥳 the start of another trip around the sun. But unlike most years of biking my age, I will be running my age (again). What a better month than September, which is also National Brain Aneurysm Awareness month than to share my story, raise awareness, and celebrate this second gift of life. I hope you will join me on this adventure and help make a difference for so many suffering from cerebrovascular disease. Thank you.
My Aneurversary is in March and my birthday 🎂is in September. Some may say it’s no coincidence I was born in September, had a ruptured brain aneurysm in March of 2015, and am now on a mission to improve the lives of people impacted by brain injury and disease through funding research, spreading awareness & of course, running.🏃🏻♀️🧠🔬
How it works
- Click “Join the Challenge” at the top of the page
- Run 48 miles during any consecutive 48 hours during the month of September. Set a mileage goal of 48 when you sign up.
- If 48 miles may be out of reach for you, this is an opportunity for you to challenge yourself. Whether it’s 40, 20, 10, or 5 miles, your goal is never too small! Set up a plan, believe in yourself, and GO FOR IT.
- Reach out to friends and family to ask if they’ll support your efforts by donating to you! They can make a pledge per mile or donate a flat amount to your efforts.
- Log your miles during your 48 hour challenge window by clicking “Updates” at the top of the page.
- Keep an eye on the leaderboards to see how your friends and competitors are doing!